Friday, March 23, 2012

DAY 11: REST

You know that tendon or ligament or whatever it is that runs along the outside of your ankle? Well, mine hurts pretty bad. So unfortunately for me, today was a rest day. 

Or really, not so unfortunately. It was actually nice to take a day off from heavy exercise. Yesterday I killed it in my gym, so today I rolled around on the floor playing with my son, had some quality time with my husband, and organized our home office. It was a satisfying day. And tonight, my husband and I are actually going to relax, eat cinnamon toast (mine made with Splenda instead of sugar) and watch a movie. 

I've stayed on track with my resolve to avoid sugary foods, and with good reason: consuming less than 15 grams of sugar per day is this guy's recommendation for reducing fat around your midsection. Jorge Cruise, fitness expert and author of The Belly Fat Cure, shared a recipe on the Dr. Oz show for a sugar-free coffee-cup muffin. I've been meaning to try this recipe:

These muffins are designed to provide sustainable energy that lasts through lunch, thanks to coconut oil, a healthy fat that’s good for your brain, fiber-rich flaxseed and egg protein.

Ingredients
Makes one serving

1/4 cup ground flax
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp coconut oil
1 egg
1 packet stevia

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in a mug and microwave for 50 seconds. Allow to cool to a safe temperature and enjoy! 

Here, you can read more about Cruise's tips for more toned abs.

What are your Friday night plans?


No comments:

Post a Comment