Thursday, March 22, 2012

DAY 10: HELLO, OLD FRIEND!

So, guess what I'm wearing. Go ahead. Take a gander. No really, guess. (And yes, I am actually wearing something; I'm not being inappropriate.)

Give up? I am sitting here comfortably wearing my pre-pregnancy Silver brand jeans!!! The last time I tried these on, I had to hold my breath to get them buttoned; I didn't dare bend my legs in them. But today, I've been wearing them all afternoon. Straight out of the dryer.

Talk about a confidence boost! I swear I've been walking so tall today, I've probably hit 5'3". It is really true what they say: No food tastes as good as skinny feels. 

This morning, I did P90X Plyometrics, some upper body weight lifting on the Bosu ball, and a little bit of punching bag drills. If you don't have a Bosu, I'd highly recommend getting one. It adds a healthy dose of balance and resistance training to your workouts, increases your range of motion during abdominal work, and ups the intensity of your pushups. I've also suffered from patellar tendonitis in my left knee, but I can do squats pain-free on the Bosu.

Tonight I'm making my spicy jambalaya for dinner, and the smell of it baking in the oven is making me ravenous! Seriously, you have to try this recipe. 

Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment