Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love always protects, always hopes, always trusts, always perseveres.
I Corinthians 13:7

My little Casanova hard at work making a valentine.




I hope all of you had a wonderful day celebrating with your loved ones. Today could not have been any sweeter for me! We've been having a "no-spend" month (except for bare necessities) to see how long we can make it without spending any extra money, so we made each other valentines and my husband cooked dinner for me tonight: grilled venison tenderloin. Liam and I also made sugar cookies yesterday with homemade buttercream frosting. We didn't spend a dime, and instead of digging deep into our pockets, we dug a little deeper into our hearts and found special ways to show how much we love one another.

It was very fitting for this year, actually. With all of the challenges that my husband and I have been through the past several months, every day has been a demonstration of our persevering love for one another. We've stood by each other, protected and encouraged one another, and worked as a team to make it through some dark times. Our love has grown by another dimension, so the typical Valentine's Day accoutrements just didn't seem appropriate anyway.


My valentine from my little valentine (with the help of his daddy!)



Real men use glitter...and cut out tiny hearts by hand

This year my perspective on love within a family has definitely expanded, and I could not have had a better day with my two men!

No comments:

Post a Comment