Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A splash of color

You know what's nice about owning a home? If you get the urge to paint your dining room indigo, you don't have to ask anyone's permission. (Except, of course, your husband's!) So that's what we did this past weekend.

Here is the only before picture I have of our dining room (taken on my cell phone)


Not very exciting, is it? A can of paint later...





If you're wondering, the color is Benjamin Moore's Mysterious. This was my inspiration. The next step will be to add wanes coting on the bottom and paint it the same color as the chair rail. Then we'll jazz it up a little with mustard gold, champagne and cranberry accents. As you can tell, our walls are shockingly bare. Baby steps...

Even though I'm a graphic designer, I get designer's block when it comes to our home. I am inspired by so many different styles that I am inclined to just take the safe route and paint neutral colors, adding pops of color through accessories that are easy to switch out. I am a commitment phobe when it comes to color! So indigo was a big leap for me. But it adds just the right amount of drama and sophistication, I think. The true test? My husband actually loves it!

Our next project: transforming my office space into a woodland-inspired nursery for baby Riley!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment