Tuesday, April 30, 2013

35 WEEKS AND COUNTING



Today marks 35 weeks of pregnancy, and to celebrate, I gave myself a pedicure. Blue, of course, in honor of Riley's upcoming arrival. (Please overlook my pasty white feet!) This was no easy task! It took a few complicated yoga moves, but I managed to remove old polish, shape and buff my toenails, and apply a base coat, two coats of polish, and a top coat. I hope this polish lasts until his delivery, though, because it is becoming almost impossible to reach my toes!

(For those of you who are wondering, this color is Something Borrow and Blue by Essie. You can find it here.)

Also going on this week, I'm considering a transfer to a different OB at a different hospital for the remainder of my prenatal care, labor and delivery. I had a conversation with my doctor recently that left me a little uncomfortable about whether my voice will be heard during the labor and delivery process at my current hospital, which has a reputation for a nursing staff that is overeager to stick to a rigid schedule and trigger-happy with unnecessary interventions. I am aiming for an unmedicated, noninterventional childbirth, so it seems switching to a different hospital is the optimal choice. I'm a little nervous about making such a big change this late in the game, though! I can only pray things work out as they should. 


Lately, my days are filled with snuggling my baby boy while watching Curious George, sitting on his bedroom floor watching him hide all of his Matchbox cars, and lots and lots of nesting. All four of us are packed for the hospital, and I keep finding all sorts of housework to keep me busy. This place will be sparkling clean when Riley comes home for the first time!

What kinds of things did you do in the last days of your pregnancy to prepare for your upcoming bundle of joy?

1 comment:

  1. I loved organizing Gage's clothes in preparation for his arrival. :) Love the nail color!

    ReplyDelete