Monday, April 2, 2012

DAY 21: RESURRECTING MY SKINNY JEANS

I won't deny that I held my breath just a little bit this morning as I stepped onto the scale, hoping that the number at my toes wouldn't break my heart. 

Especially since my husband and I had treated ourselves to ice cream this past week. And especially since I shamelessly woofed down a double bacon cheeseburger, tater tots and a grape creamslush from Sonic last night after my husband and I worked up an appetite during our 1.5-hour walk. I'm pretty sure that doesn't fit in anywhere to my healthy diet, but jeepers it was good! I all but licked the burger wrapper when I was done. 

So my diet plan was a bust this past week. But those numbers didn't fail me; I've lost another 1 1/2 pounds! That makes a total of 3 1/2 pounds in three weeks. This isn't as fast as I would have liked to lose the weight, but it's steady. And allowing myself a little cheat here and there, and implementing an exercise program that I can actually maintain, is worth the slower pace. 

I also experienced another gleeful moment this week: I was able to put on, and button up, my pre-pregnancy skinny jeans! They are still a little snug in the waist, so I probably wouldn't be comfortable wearing them in anyone else's plain sight just yet, but this is the same pair that only two months ago I cursed out loud because I couldn't even get them past my hips. The same pair that I've pined for for more than a year now. 

So, to catch up: 
Thursday: Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit, bag work, and upper-body weight training
Friday: rest day
Saturday: Insanity Core Cardio Balance DVD and some kick drills on the bag
Sunday: (as I already mentioned) 1.5-hour brisk walk

I've encountered a few more challenges through this process, the main one being my milk supply. I am still pumping breastmilk, and the past couple of days I've noticed a decrease in my supply. It might have something to do with my other challenge, which has been exhaustion. I can just tell my body's worn out. So, today I'm listening to my body and taking what I hope will be my only rest day this week. And to help get my energy level back up, I'm saying goodbye once again to my sweet treats.


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment