Sunday, June 10, 2012

Shrimp and angel hair pasta

I got this recipe from my mom, and though I still can't make it quite as good as she does, I make it all the time. We had this tonight for dinner, in fact, and it is so easy and delicious that I have to share it with you! It's the perfect light summer fare.

Baby shrimp and angel hair pasta

Ingredients: 
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lemon, zested
1/3 lb fresh baby shrimp, pealed and deveined, seasoned with salt and pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/3 lb angel hair pasta, cooked al dente
salt/pepper
1/4 c white wine, optional

Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. 
Add olive oil and melt butter into it. 
Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
Add lemon zest and shrimp, and squeeze juice from half of lemon into pan. Heat shrimp through for another 2 minutes.
Add wine and tomatoes. Toss and heat tomatoes through. 
Add cooked pasta to the pan and toss to coat evenly in sauce.
Season with salt and pepper. 

I've modified this recipe to simplify measurements and allow for leftovers. I use a whole bag of frozen shrimp, one package of grape tomatoes, and one package of angel hair pasta (sometimes we use whole wheat, but I'm not a stickler). This recipe is delicious with or without the wine, too; we don't always keep it in the house, so a lot of times I make it without.

I hope you enjoy this dish as much as we do!


1 comment:

  1. When I read your previous blog, I thought this sounded delicious. I am glad you posted the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete