Sunday, June 10, 2012

I'm making my way through 60 days of the Insanity series, which has proven to be my go-to workout when I want to slim up fast. I swear nothing cuts through flab like that workout! Since today was day 2, I completed Cardio Power and Resistance, along with some more heavy bag drills.

I'm also keeping a food diary this time around, which is something I highly suggest if you are trying to lose weight. Actually seeing the food I eat each day written down on a sheet prevents me from eating mindlessly, and even though I'm not exactly counting calories, I feel more accountable for what I eat, which encourages me to eat less.

Today's meals:

Breakfast
one slice of whole wheat cheese toast
one mixed berry smoothie (frozen mixed berries, 1/2 cup low fat all-natural vanilla yogurt, and a splash of OJ)
coffee

Lunch
6-in. Subway sweet onion chicken teriyaki 
one small peach
two mini pecan spins (my sweet treat for the week)

Snack
1 cup Cheerios with skim milk and sliced banana

Dinner
shrimp and angel hair pasta with grape tomatoes (get the recipe!)
salad


I'm not willing to cut out my ranch dressing, nor will I touch the lower-fat, higher sugar version, but instead of slathering it on my salad, I dip my fork in the dressing first and then take a bite. I save a ton of calories that way. 

What tips do you have for enjoying your favorite higher-fat foods? Feel free to comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I love to use applesauce in the place of oil when I bake. You really can't tell a difference. By the way, Sweet onion chicken teriyaki with black olives, lettuce, and banana peppers is what I always order at Subway! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I believe you and I are kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete