Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Welcome to the world, Riley!



I was beginning to think the day would never come that we’d get to meet our little man, but after three weeks or more of start-and-stop labor, we welcomed our sweet Riley Patrick last Saturday, June 8! All 7 pounds, 13 ounces of him. He is my little mini-me with copper hair and big ears…bless his heart. He’s perfect. It’s taken me a while to get started on this post while we’ve been enjoying my husband’s time off…and because I simply cannot stop snuggling my little cuddlebug!

Ironically, even though it seemed Riley was in no hurry to make his appearance, labor with him almost went TOO fast! In fact, I’m so thankful I actually birthed in the hospital and not on the side of the interstate in the front seat of our Toyota. Riley was born less than an hour after we got to the hospital. My whole labor and delivery lasted just shy of three hours! While I was recovering and nursing Riley for his first feeding, the nurse came back in, introduced herself, and had me sign papers allowing the hospital staff to deliver my baby. Ha!

It seems frivolous to me now, all the fretting over this surprise baby, the timing of the pregnancy and how we were going to get through this. I can’t even bear to imagine what life would be like without Riley. He truly is Heaven-sent!

From Instagram:



No comments:

Post a Comment