Thursday, July 19, 2012

Well, I'm screwed.

The bright side: our house is getting into tip-top shape. At least that makes one of us.

We finally closed on our home and moved in at the end of June! This is our first home, and I absolutely love living here. We painted three bedrooms and redid our kitchen cabinets in one day, and moved our stuff in with the help of my father- and brother-in-law in one day. Yep. I could barely move after those two days were over. Since then I've probably officially worked out only four times: three of those were Insanity workouts and one was a run downtown (including sprints and bleachers, followed by a mad dash to the car after I about got caught in a thunderstorm).

My saving grace may be that, although I haven't lost any more weight, I have lost a couple of inches in my waist. And guess what? I tried the dress on that I'm going to wear to my reunion, and it actually fits! So, that's something.

Am I disappointed in myself? You betcha. It seems I'm not the masochistic machine that I once was. Either that, or I'm still recovering from our move and the endless list of projects that is synonymous with home ownership.

So with all that in mind, I'm revising my goal. My goal now is to break 135. That's less than three pounds to go with little more than four weeks on the clock.

Here goes...

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! The decorating can wait until after your reunion :)

    ReplyDelete